This tutorial introduces the few steps needed to report progress on the Today App.
Sablono Today was developed to facilitate the collection of progress data while using a mobile device on the construction site. Although it is similar to the Sablono Inspect app, the Sablono Today offers a whole new view onto the topic and will make your life much easier if it used correctly. While the Inspect always presents the full project including each deliverable and every activity related to your team, Today only shows:
- Next 7 days – Shows all activities that my team is responsible for within the next 7 days
- Late – Shows all activities that my team is responsible for which are running late
You will only see activities assigned to your team, these are grouped by Deliverables and sorted by Due Date. The expected duration for each activity is also shown on this view.
How do I report progress on the Today App?
- To report progress, simply enter the Today App and select the project you are currently working on. Here you will see the list of activities scheduled to be executed in the next 7 days.
- Next, you would tap on the relevant activity and on the next page select whether the status of this work is:
– Not started
– Work Started
- Once you press the buttons “Work started” or “Finished”, the icon on the top left would update to match your selection.
- If “Finished” is selected, simply record the number or workers and hours required to finish this task. Press Save.
- This will take you back to the Activity Details page. To keep reporting progress on other deliverables, simply press the “Back” button on the top left of the
- Done! The Today App automatically updates all the reported information.
How do I report a note on the Today App?
- On the Today App, select the desired activity you would like add a note.
- On the next page, scroll down and you will see the options of “Work could not be started”and underneath you will find the option to “Report a note”, which will be used to for explain this process.
- Once you tab on the button to report a note, the application will ask you to select whether this item is a quality issue, an obstruction issue or simply an information note.
- After selecting the note type, you will be asked to describe the issue. Continue by pressing “Next” on the bottom right.
- Next step is to select the responsible team to resolve this issue.
- Proceed by taking a picture of the issue or selecting previously taken pictures through the “Open gallery” option.
- Lastly, hit “Save” and the following notification will be shown assuming the information was uploaded successfully.
To make sure that the activities presented in Today are the correct ones, all you and your partners need to do is keep your weekly work plans up to date with the actual progress on site. Easiest way to do that would be updating the Lean Board during your weekly progress meetings.
By reporting a task under “Work Started” and later as “Finished”, Sablono would to calculate the real duration an activity and highly valuable KPIs!