This tutorial illustrates how to import an existing schedule from Microsoft Project to Sablono.
- First you need to export your project from Microsoft Project to a XML-file. To do so please select “File” in the top left corner and “Save as” afterwards.
- In the following dialogue save the project as XML-file with a name of your choosing.
- Now hover over the ‘+’-Button on the ‘All Projects’-page on Sablono and select ‘Microsoft Project’.
- Decide for a project name, code and description. Also specify which language will be spoken among your partners and in which timezone the project is taking place.
- Select a XML-file from your hard drive by pressing the button in the top left corner.
Microsoft Project projects can only be imported as XML-files.
- Review the project structure as well as the deliverables in the preview. If your data was imported correctly please feel free to upload them to the Sablono server. To do so click the button in the top right corner.
- The final summary states how many deliverables have been imported and uploaded.
If your want to use Microsoft Project and Sablono in parallel, you can easily import your updated schedule again to keep your Sablono project up to date. To do so use the “Update”-feature on Import/Export Tools.