Which info is shown in the Week Plan?
The Week Plan shows all Activities which are either planned or actually started and finished in the displayed week(s). It combines your as-built programme with your Look Ahead schedule on one single page. You will see the following dates for your Activities depending on their status:
Not started - Baseline / Look Ahead Start and End date
Started or Rejected or Waiting for confirmation - Actual Start and Look Ahead End based on Baseline / Look Ahead duration
Finished - Actual Start and Actual End date
Confirmed - Actual Start and Actual Confirmation date
Activities are coloured according to the Team responsible for them. You may also use the filter by clicking on the green bar on the left side of the page and only see Activities assigned to a specific team or a specific structure of the project.
In addition, you may filter your results by type (Process Template). The left sidebar for filtering now also displays a list of the Process Templates used on your project. Select one of the Templates to see on the week plan only the Deliverables in which that Template is used.
Furthermore, the board shows the reported status of each Activity, of how many days the Activity is behind (number at the top right coloured in red) or ahead (coloured in green) of the Baseline end date scheduled, and the duration planned for delivering it.
The Week Plan display can be set to show 1, 2 or 3 weeks and the Activity design can be set as small or large, so you can select the visualization-style that suits better.
Where does the data come from?
To see Activities on the Week Plan you have to make sure that:
- Your Deliverables include at least a start or due date.
- Your Activities defined in your Process Templates should include a duration.
- If both pieces of information are available Sablono will schedule a start and due date for all your Activities automatically. Only if they have a start and due date the Week Plan can show a schedule.
As you can see, you may create a basic working schedule for all of your Activities throughout the whole project with just two simple steps. Obviously, during the construction phase, this schedule might change. The following paragraph will introduce the means to change your activity schedule in the Week Plan.
How can I work with the Activities presented?
Once the Activity is displayed on the Week Plan you will be then able to see:
- Planned dates
- The number of times the Activity was re-planned
- Responsible team
- Planned labour
- Confirming team
- Who made the last update
- On which day the last update was done
- Deliverable Code
- Deliverable Name
- Project Structure
Obviously, the Week Plan does not only show information, but also provides a means to work with it. You may e.g. adapt your working schedule to new developments on-site or plan changes. This can be easily done by defining new Look Ahead Dates for some of the Activities or for all of them, simply by starting a Look Ahead Planning session. Sablono, in fact, can automatically provide you an updated version of the working-calendar by moving the Activities that are behind schedule to the current date, and give you the possibility to decide if to apply or discard the updates.
Keep in mind:
- Only Project Admins and Managers have access to the Look Ahead Planning session.
- Multiple Look Ahead Planning sessions can be run simultaneously in the same project. This means that a Project Manager can work on the Short Range Schedule of their project-parts while other Managers are working on other parts of the project. However, as long as the Short Range Schedule has not been released, no one else can apply changes to the Deliverables that have been modified.
Since there are several ways to plan your Activities for the upcoming weeks, let’s have a more detailed look at how the Look Ahead Planning works.
How do I plan my Activities for the upcoming weeks?
Activities running behind schedule, meaning those which are still to-do, but were originally planned for the past, can be easily moved to the current week. You may either get an automatically forecasted schedule from Sablono or move Activities manually. Let’s have a more detailed look at how that works:
- After starting a Look Ahead Planning session (click on the green icon in the upper right corner of the screen), you will be able to click on the icon on the Deliverable that you want to update and all the Activities that belong to that Deliverable will be forecasted to start from the current day. To save the changes, exactly as before, you will need to select each individual Activity and click on “Use as Look Ahead Date” button, and then save it. When you are done with saving the new schedules, you can publish them by clicking on the icon “Save and publish new Look-ahead schedule”.
- Another way to reschedule late Activities is to open the side menu on the left-hand side (see below) and click on the Activity you are interested in.
Once you click, the Activity Details Panel will pop-up and give you the possibility to modify the following information (given the fact that you are already running a Look Ahead Planning Session, if not please start one first):
- Look Ahead Duration, this will define how many working days are required to finish the Activity
- Look Ahead Start Date, this will set up the new starting date for the Activity
- Look Ahead End Date, this will set up the new ending date of the Activity
If the green boxed is ticked (as in the pic), the Activities that follow the one you are modifying will also be rescheduled accordingly to the changes made. If the box is not ticked only the Activity you selected will be rescheduled.
Once you set up new Look Ahead dates, click on the Publish button to visualize the changes in the calendar.
However, even once you see the calendar updated with the Activities moved as you planned, the changes are not yet applied/published for all other users in your project. In order to do that you need to save and publish the results of your Look Ahead Planning session. You can easily do so by clicking on the green save-icon (bottom right). From the same menu, you may also discard all changes done during the current Planning session and return to the state of the schedule that was used before.