Since there is a lot of valuable up-to-date information regarding your project status already in Sablono, it might make sense and save you time to set up our commercial features. Financial output is directly linked to the progress reported on Sablono and its flexibility allows you to focus only on the information that is relevant to you. Below you can see an overview of the dashboard extracted from a demo project:
Here is a breakdown of the different elements shown in the display above:
- Cost Groups: these would represent different contracts with their specific budget amount.
- Contract sum Allocated: this amount represents the amount of money allocated to this cost group.
- Overall in progress: current budget for Activities that have the status “Started”. Percentage of Activities currently “Started” in the all project. Number of Activities started (number in brackets).
- Overall awaiting sign-off: current budget for Activities that have the status “Finished” but not yet “Confirmed”. Percentage of Activities currently “Finished” but not yet “Confirmed” in the all project. Number of Activities currently “Finished” but not yet “Confirmed” (number in brackets).
- Overall Signed off: current budget for Activities that have been “Finished” and “Confirmed”. Percentage of Activities currently “Confirmed” in the all project . Number of Activities currently “Confirmed” (number in brackets).
- Overall Cost Completed: % of budget already spent for all Activities of the project, based on progress reported to Sablono.
In the bottom card:
- % of contract sum: These weights represent the allocated amount of the cost groups budget for a specific Activity. The sum of all weights should add up to 100%, a warning message will be displayed if that does not happen.
- Contract sum Allocated: This indicates the total cost of each Activity, calculated as the “% of contract sum” of each Activity multiplied by the value in “Enter contract sum”. The smaller number (in this case 217) indicates the total number of Activities of that kind.
- In progress: cost of the “Started” Activities (rejected activities included) calculated by multiplying the percentage started with the overall “Contract sum allocated”. Percentage of Activities currently “Started”. Number of Activities started (number in brackets).
- Awaiting sign-off: cost of Activities that have the status “Finished” but not yet “Confirmed” calculated by multiplying the percentage finished with the overall “Contract sum allocated”. Percentage of Activities currently “Finished” but not yet “Confirmed”. Number of activities currently “Finished” but not yet “Confirmed” (number in brackets).
- Signed-off: Cost of Activities that have the status “Finished” and “Confirmed” calculated by multiplying the percentage confirmed with the overall “Contract sum allocated”. Percentage of Activities currently “Confirmed”. Number of Activities currently “Confirmed”.
- Cost completed: % of budget already spent for that Activity based on progress reported to Sablono.
How can I set up a cost group?
1. First step to set up a clicking on the Navigation window on the top left and selecting the Commercial Dashboard button.
2. Once you are in that page, create a new cost group by pressing the button on the top right as shown below.
3. You will need to press on the one template you are interested in creating a cost group from.
4. You will then select the activities you want to extract status from to display up-to-date commercial information.
5. After giving a name to the cost group you will then be able to assign the contract sum to the group and the percentages of contract sum to the activities.
How do I delete a Cost Group?
Select the Cost Group you wish to delete (in this case "MEP") and click on "Delete Cost Group" .
Commercial Look Ahead
Commercial Dashboard allows you to select future dates to evaluate the Cost Group for which works should have been done by then. Click on the calendar-icon and select the date that you are interested on.
Both top and bottom card of the Commercial Dashboard will show the state that all the Activities should have reached by the date you selected.
For example, we select the date 13 Jun 2019 (today date is 6 Jun 2019). The Commercial Dashboard changes it's color (from blue to yellow) to indicate you that the values currently presented are forecasted. The values displayed are based on the Look Ahead Schedule, if no Look Ahead Schedule exists on the baseline schedule.
As you can see, the Activities that were previously in progress or awaiting sign-off, are now on the signed-off column. This mean that on the 13 Jun all these Activities are planned to be "finished" or "confirmed".
Privacy of a cost group
As a manager you have the possibility to define who can access and edit specific cost groups so to have more control and more transparency in managing costs.
How does this feature work?
During the creation of a new cost group you can define responsible commercial managers and commercial reviewer; the user that creates the new cost group is by default set as responsible commercial manager for that cost group. The creator can define which user will be commercial manager and which other user will be the commercial reviewer of the project you are working on.
What’s the difference between the 2 roles commercial manager and commercial reviewer?
Commercial managers will be able to see and edit cost groups, whereas commercial reviewer will only be able to see the cost groups but not to edit them.
Keep in mind: you will always be able to edit the cost groups by adding or deleting users and by modifying their role.