Sablono Today was developed to facilitate the collection of progress data while using a mobile device on the construction site. Although it is similar to the Sablono Inspect app, the Sablono Today offers a whole new view onto the topic and will make your life much easier if it used correctly. While the Inspect always presents the full project including each Deliverable and every activity related to your team, Today only shows:
- Next 7 days – Shows all activities that my team is responsible for within the next 7 days
- Late – Shows all activities that my team is responsible for which are running late
You will only see activities assigned to your team, these are grouped by Deliverables and sorted by Due Date. The expected duration for each activity is also shown on this view.
How do I report progress on the Today App?
1. To report progress, simply enter the Today App and select the project you are currently working on. Here you will see the list of activities scheduled to be executed in the next 7 days.
2. Next, you would tap on the relevant activity and on the next page select whether the status of this work is:- Not started- Work Started- Finished- Work could not be started.
3. Once you press the buttons "Work started", "Finished" or "Work could not be started", the icon on the top left would update to match your selection.
Note: before changing the state of the activitiy, the app will warn you if there are predecessors that has not been finished yet.
4. This will take you back to the Activity Details page. To keep reporting progress on other Deliverables, simply press the "Back" button on the top left of the screen.
5. Done! The Today App automatically updates all the reported information.
To make sure that the activities presented in Today are the correct ones, all you and your partners need to do is keep your weekly work plans up to date with the actual progress on site. Easiest way to do that would be updating the Week Plan during your weekly progress meetings.